From 9th May, for approx 4 weeks improvement works on the A428 between Tesco roundabout and the Cambourne junction will take place. Works will involve the repairs to worn out sections of the road surface and the renewal of roadmarkings.
The overnight works will be undertaken using road closures. The works are due to commence on the evening of Thursday 9 May for approximately 4 weeks and the hours of work will be between 8.00pm and 6.00am weekdays only. The programmed closure dates are:
- 9-16 May: Tesco roundabout to Tithe Farm roundabout
- 17-28 May: Tithe Farm roundabout and the Eltisley junction
- 29-30 May: Eltisley junction and Caxton Gibbet roundabout
- 31 May-3 June: Westbound between the Cambourne junction and Caxton Gibbet roundabout including the westbound Cambourne entry slip
- 4-6 June: Eastbound between Caxton Gibbet roundabout and the Cambourne junction including the eastbound Cambourne entry slip
A fully signed diversion route will be in place for traffic wishing to travel on the A428. The strategic diversion route will be via the A1 and the A14 to Girton.
Gatemen will be positioned in strategic areas and access will be maintained for local residents within the closures and emergency services, although we do ask that the site speed limit be adhered to whilst travelling through the closures.
Carillion WSP will endeavour to keep delays to a minimum and complete the repair work as quickly as possible but delays are expected and you should allow extra time for your journeys or seek alternative routes. We apologise for any inconvenience caused during these essential works.
If you have any queries concerning this scheme, please contact Carillion WSP on 01767 684633 during the hours of 9am and 5pm or the Customer Care department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively the Highways Agency Information Line on 0300 123 5000 when out of the above times.